320 Bradley Attorneys Listed in 2023 The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Aug. 18, 2022) – Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP is pleased to announce that 320 of the firm’s attorneys are listed in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, including 60 attorneys who are named Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America. In addition, 32 Bradley attorneys are named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year.” In each metropolitan area, only a single attorney in each legal practice area is designated as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
“We are proud of this outstanding group of attorneys included in this impressive list and congratulate them on this recognition that demonstrates the importance of high standards in the legal profession and exceptional client service,” said Bradley Chairman of the Board and Managing Partner Jonathan M. Skeeters.
The Best Lawyers in America, which is now in its 29th year, is one of the most highly regarded attorney referral publications in the country. The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America list recognizes attorneys who have been in practice for less than 10 years and exhibit outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
Attorneys are selected for Best Lawyers through extensive surveys of leading lawyers who assess the legal abilities of their peers. Lawyers are not permitted to pay a fee to participate or be recognized. The 2023 edition is based on 12.2 million evaluations recognizing more than 71,000 attorneys.
Following are the Bradley attorneys in Huntsville selected by Best Lawyers, as well as their recognized practice aread:
A total of 16 Huntsville attorneys are recognized for 2023, including three attorneys who are listed as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America.
The following two Huntsville attorneys are named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” in three practice areas:
- L. Justin Burney, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law and the Mergers and Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Stephen H. Hall, Litigation – Intellectual Property “Lawyer of the Year”
- Hall B. Bryant III (Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law, Venture Capital Law)
- L. Justin Burney (Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law)
- Frank M. Caprio (Copyright Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, Patent Law, Trade Secrets Law, Trademark Law)
- Stephen H. Hall (Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, Patent Law, Trademark Law)
- Angela Holt (Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent)
- Benjamin W. Hutton (Real Estate Law)
- Daniel Kaufmann (Litigation – First Amendment, Litigation – Health Care, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- David Vance Lucas (International Mergers and Acquisitions, International Trade and Finance Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Trade Secrets Law)
- Scott E. Ludwig (Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice, Business Organizations [including LLCs and Partnerships], Corporate Law, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Litigation and Controversy – Tax, Non-Profit / Charities Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Kimberly B. Martin (Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice, Commercial Litigation, First Amendment Law, Litigation – First Amendment, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants)
- George A. Smith II (Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- Scott Burnett Smith (Appellate Practice, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – ERISA, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants)
- H. Harold Stephens (Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Mediation, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- Ryan J. Letson (Intellectual Property Law)
- Harold D. Mooty III (Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Sarah Sutton Osborne (Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants)
Bradley combines skilled legal counsel with exceptional client service and unwavering integrity to assist a diverse range of corporate and individual clients in achieving their business goals. With offices in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and the District of Columbia, the firm’s almost 600 lawyers represent regional, national and international clients in various industries, including banking and financial services, construction, energy, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, real estate, and technology, among many others.