2020 Senior Sprint Career Fair - VIRTUAL EVENT
The Chamber Foundation invites you to think outside the box with us! While COVID-19 is throwing us a curve ball, we know we will emerge will most of the same workforce needs as we had a few weeks ago. With this in mind, the Senior Sprint Career Fair will be VIRTUAL!
How will this work?
We will create a virtual booth for various companies online. Job seekers will visit virtual booths at ASmartPlace.com. Attendees will be able to hear from a company representative; learn about your company’s mission, vision, and growth opportunities; discover which positions you have available for graduating seniors; answer seven pre-selected interview questions and three specific interview questions; and submit their resumés and applications through the portal.
Why is Senior Sprint important?
Nearly 30 percent of high school seniors do not have plans after graduation. The Senior Sprint Career Fair will connect these students with employers who are ready to hire and colleges that can help them set a successful career path. The Chamber Foundation is collaborating with Huntsville City Schools, Madison County Schools, Madison City Schools, the local Alabama Career Center, Drake State Community and Technical College, Calhoun Community College, and local companies to help students create resumes, get job interviews, apply for student financial aid, and enroll in post-secondary education and training. If you are a graduating senior who has already enrolled in a two-year college, this event will be perfect for you as well.
Employers who are interested in participating in this event MUST be willing to train, hire, and provide clear occupational pathways for graduating seniors. It is important for employers to have growth strategies for each graduate hired.
How will I benefit as a graduating senior?
This is a great opportunity to reach several of our key employers in one virtual room. If you are interested in building your career now, this event will provide a great jump start. You will need to complete the following before the Virtual Career Fair:
- Create an ASmartPlace Account
- Complete the Profile Builder
- Complete the Online Resumé Builder or Upload your Resumé
How will my company benefit?
Your organization will benefit by reaching graduating seniors from the class 2020 to meet your workforce demands. Shortly after the Career Fair closes, we will send your results. You will know the number of students that stopped by your virtual table, the number of students who applied, and the answers to the interview questions from each applicant. Using this information, your company can schedule the next round of virtual interviews.
What will my company need to participate?
- Register for the event
- Create one video welcoming students to your virtual booth and explaining more about your company
- This is a tech-savvy approach to traditional concept, and we are excited to walk along the cutting edge with you. Companies, we encourage you to join us in providing our graduating seniors with hope for tomorrow. Seniors, make the most of this opportunity, prepare well, and visit as many virtual booths as possible!
- Send at least one specific position you are hiring for and a job description in any format
- Develop at least three specific interview questions that align with the company culture or the specific position
- Submit a description of your company, including the mission, vision, values, and potential opportunities to grow
- Provide a high-resolution logo
- Prepare to provide potential candidates with virtual interviews following this event
Companies, Colleges, and Organizations registered to participate:
|ACR SERVICE, INC.|
|Allstate Insurance-Higdon Insurance Agencies|
|Boeing Company, The|
|Buffalo Rock Co.|
|Coast Personnel Services|
|Domino's (Valley Pizza, Inc.)|
|Dunn Building Company|
|Huntsville STEAM Works|
|J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College|
|Jerry Damson Honda Acura|
|Jesse Stutts, Inc.|
|Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc.|
|McDonald's - Johnson Partners, Inc.|
|The Westin Huntsville|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama|
|Turner Construction Company|
|Wilson Lumber Company|
Check back often as this list will grow!