AshaKiran's 11th A Ray of Hope Event!
April 10, 2017
Saturday, April 22, Trinity United Methodist Church on Airport Road, Huntsville, AL
CONTACT: email@example.com OR (256) 405 - HELP (4357)
Country of Focus: Uganda
Includes: International Fair • Food Vendors • Henna • Booth Displays • Entertainment • Games
12PM - 3PM / Booth displays in the gym area, including: Mehndi, games, food, learn how to Bollywood dancing steps and saree wrapping
3PM - 6PM / Program begins in the 'New Room' with the following highlights:
- First Missionary Baptist Church will sing US & Uganda National Anthems
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe addressing Human Trafficking. She is a 2007 CNN Hero and 2014 Times Magazine 100 Most Influential. Find out more about our Keynote Speaker: Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe?
- GUEST SPEAKER: Tanya Stafford Human Trafficking Subject Matter Expert and addresses her personal experiences. Find out more about our Guest Speaker: Tonya Stafford
- Indian Semi Classical Dance
- ExhilaratingPunjabi Dance
- Bollywood Medley
- African Drumming & African Fashion Show
The funds from AshaKiran's annual A Ray of Hope fundraiser will benefit AshaKiran's “Safe Home” an emergency shelter that provides culturally sensitive services to abused and traumatized individuals to “stand on their own feet." Proceeds also will benefit AshaKiran programs and service to help the victims/survivors of violence.
#SupportYourCommunity #SupportAshaKiranHSV #StopHumanTraffickingAL #AROH2017
AshaKiran, a ray of hope, is committed to empowering culturally sensitive communities by providing "culturally competent" services in 36+ languages, a 24 HR Crisis Phone AshaLine "Hope-Line," emergency shelter, accompaniment, advocacy, counseling, translation/interpretation and with programs like the Multi-Lingual Access Model & the New Alabamians Program. AshaKiran's cross-cultural awareness training focuses on areas such as domestic violence, sexual assault, cultural competency, and developmental disabilities.Sign up by clicking here to receive our biweekly community announcements & our quarterly e-AshaVani newsletter.
Josia Fiore, Community Outreach Coordinator