MEMBER EVENT: DiSC® Workshop
Name: MEMBER EVENT: DiSC® Workshop
Date: April 10, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CDT
This workshop engages individuals in one of the most important aspects of leadership- self-awareness. Prior to attending the training, participants complete a DiSC® Management Profile that is then used to guide the training in order to build self-awareness.
Once self-awareness is established, participants learn how to read the styles of others through a simple two-step process. This allows participants the opportunity to apply the understanding they have of individuals’ preferences and priorities to lead more effectively, realizing that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to leading, but rather the best approach to lead depends on the individual(s) they are working with.
Course Objectives: Following the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build Self-Awareness
- Understand the DiSC® Model of personality styles.
- Understand his/her DiSC® Style including their personal priorities.
- Understand how his/her DiSC® Style impacts their management preferences/tendencies, time-management and decision-making skills and how these characteristics impact those he/she manages.
- Understand & Adapt to Others
- Apply people reading techniques through the DiSC® Model.
- Use the awareness of different peoples’ style to respond appropriately through behaviors to be a more effective manager.
- Understand techniques for managing upwards.
- Create an action plan for working with his/her manager for more effective business results.